Grinding the stumps
Few years after a tree removal, the stump becomes a real hotbed of malicious organisms, fungus, and rot that spread rapidly on the other plants. There are several ways to remove stumps from the garden, but you need the help of professionals with the necessary equipment and knowledge.
The best way of stump removal is grinding:
• Grinder is a compact machine. You don’t need much place for its full-fledged work. So, it is perfect for well-groomed gardens with lots of decorations.
• There will be no large holes, as from digging out with hand-guided tool or using other machinery.
• The roots of other trees are not damaged. Grinder doesn’t go beyond the contours of the stump, so it is the neatest way to remove a stump. This is an important advantage, because incorrectly chosen method of stump removal can lead to a weakening of the surrounding trees’ root system.
• The rate of stump removal is much higher than with the other methods. Removal may require a lot of time – from few hours to an entire day, whereas grinding takes approximately an hour.
• Waste removal doesn’t require any additional operations. You can just pick chopped wood into the garbage bag or use dust as an additional fertilizer (mulch); for that purpose it is mixed with soil and left for winter.
• You can remove the stump of any size. With a stump diameter of more than 20in it becomes difficult to dig it out.
• Stump grinding can be carried out the whole year round and it doesn’t require any special preparations.
If you want to save time and money, it’s best to hire a professional to remove stumps on your property. Tree services offer stump removal right after the tree was removed. Tree and stump removal companies offer certified specialists whose help is necessary for keeping your yard healthy and beautiful.